Aerofin Laboratories employ various qualitative and quantitative methods to test coatings and evaluate their performance. Tests include but are not limited to:
- Salt spray testing to evaluate the corrosion resistance of a coating.
- Thickness determination by cross sectional examination & eddy current.
- Adhesion testing to evaluate a coating adequately adhered to a substrate.
- Pull off testing to determine adhesion value.
- Taber abrasion to evaluate the wear resistance of a coating or material.
- Scratch, schlerometer & pencil hardness for paints & varnishes.
- Determination of gloss.
- Accelerated environment testing to evaluate a coatings performance in desired environment.
- Seal quality to ensure a barrier on anodic coatings.
- Porosity testing to ensure coating is continuous and unbroken.
For further information please follow links (left) to types of coating evaluation. Alternatively call +441278 785131 to discuss your specific requirements.